lesson: Do the exercises and draw the rules.
Function: Describing people , requesting politely , ...
Notions: Prepositions , adjectives ( descriptions ), link-words ( and – but ), sorry ,...
visual aids: pictures , textbooks, BB
Objective: PP will work out rules through doing a series of exercises related to phonology, grammar,
functional language, listening, speaking, reading and writing strategies. They will think over what they have
already learned and increase their awareness of how language works.

Procedure

Step One Rhythm'N Sound PP formalize the rules that they have probably used
unconsciously in the other sections and rubrics.

 Ask the following QQ with the appropriate intonation. Put the appropriate arrow at the end of each question : ( 1 page 42)
T.gets PP work in pairs using the questions in short dialogues.T. illustrates with an example.
(e.g., Have you go a pencil? Yes? I have) Some PP write the short dialogues on board and indicate intonation with arrows. Once this is done, T. makes them observe the intonation patterns in the questions,how the questions are asked, and how they have responded to them. This will allow them to draw the following rule:
The voice goes up in yes-no questions and goes down in wh-questions.

 Listen to the pronunciation of the highlighted vowel sounds in the song. Then complete the table below with the highlighted sounds you see and hear. ( 2 page 42 )
T. directs PPs' attention to the tables below the nursery rhyme to illustrate the two vowel sounds (short and
long «i»). He reads it aloud to allow them to check their answers and lets them complete the two tables. After
checking the answers , PP complete the rule:

There are two «i» vowel sounds in English. One is short as in «little» and the other is long as in «each».

 Play with words: ( 3 page 42 )