lesson: Do the exercises and draw the rules.
Function: Describing people , requesting politely , ...
Notions: Prepositions , adjectives ( descriptions ), and , but , sorry ,...
visual aids: pictures , textbooks, BB
Objective: PP will work out rules through doing a series of exercises related to phonology, grammar,
functional language, listening, speaking, reading and writing strategies. They will think over what they have
already learned and increase their awareness of how language works.

Procedure

Step One Strategies PP formalize the rules that they have probably used
unconsciously in the other sections and rubrics.
 Consider the drawings and discuss your answers to the QQ below ( 1 page 40)
T.directs PPs’ attention to the pictures/drawings and asks them questions about the pictures :What is the woman talking about ? (e.g., We don’t know. It’s all Greek to us) What about the man in the picture? Did he understand anything? (e.g., No, he didn’t.)
T.moves on to the exercise. But first he makes sure the learners have understood what they are asked to do. When he checks the exercise, he engages them in a discussion about listening strategies. Here are the keys for the ones included in the exercise:
1. When I listen I try to understand every word. (The answer is no)
2. When I listen I try understand the important words. (The answer is yes)
3. When I don’t understand I stop listening. (The answer is no)
 PP should be made aware that just as it is vain to try to understand every single word when listening, it is also important to learn to recognize/identify key words, which in spoken conversation are usually stressed.
 PP use the background knowledge to predict the ideas which the speakers in the dialogues may mention. This is a very important strategy to improve their listening capacities.
 PP should keep in mind that note taking is especially important when T. wants PP to listen for specific details of information. He makes it clear to them that when they are assigned comprehension questions asking to retrieve specific details, they should take notes by writing down important words not full sentences likely to distract their attention from the listening task. Taking notes is a strategy which can make up for a faulty memory.
 Tone of voice is a useful indication of meaning in spoken English. T . should pay attention to this aspect when simulating the dialogues and to make PP listen not only to the words but also the way they are
pronounced. The emphasis on stress and intonation in the Say it Clear aims to develop this strategy.
 PP should also be trained to pay attention to discourse markers when listening. These discourse markers like sequencers «first, next, after that...» can help guide them through spoken conversation.

Step Two Grammar
 Write four sentences as in the example below ( page 40)
PP are required first to write sentences using the prepositions in, on and at and then to draw the rules and complete an illustrate table with these prepositions.
T. makes PP study the examples and illustrates to them what a proposition of time is. Once they have become
familiar with the place prepositions, he encourages them to use them for writing sentences.